Become a Laborer with Landry/French
Performs physical construction labor duties. Duties may vary according to job assignment. Thinks clearly, no matter the stress or difficulty of circumstances. Interacts with public, supervisors, and coworkers professionally at all times. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisors.
- Must be able to obtain O.S.H.A. 10 Certificate.
- Transportation to and from job locations required.
- Must have at least 1 year of general commercial construction experience.
- Cleaning, sweeping, demolition shoveling, moving materials and many other job tasks as directed.
- All field-based positions require an ability to comprehend specific directions so as to ensure safe and O.S.H.A.-compliant practices and to provide standards-compliant construction and services.
- English Proficient, ability to read and write English.
- The work occurs within the “red zone” of heavy equipment, and is performed in all sorts of environments, conditions, weather and seasons and consists of medium to heavy work with prolonged and repeated lifting (including overhead, up to 50lbs); standing; climbing; kneeling; reaching and feeling; crouching and crawling.
- Essential for performance (including safety) are eye-hand coordination, ability to speak and hear and distinguish colors.
- Regular and timely attendance is essential and hours must conform to the company’s operating hours. Appropriate personal safety equipment is supplied.
Landry/French Construction provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, We also comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.