BIM / VDC Engineer
Landry/French is actively seeking an experienced BIM/VDC Engineer with a minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a related position. The individual will be responsible for a wide range of activities that will support, manage, evaluate, and assess model-based information from the design and construction teams. The VDC Engineer is the individual on the project responsible for building the overall project digitally and/or managing the BIM/VDC process throughout preconstruction, construction, and turnover.
The BIM/VDC Engineer will be part of field operations with direct reporting to the applicable project’s Project Manager. On certain occasions, the BIM/VDC Engineer will also assist in BIM/VDC rendering and logistics visualizations as part of preconstruction planning. A can-do attitude, professional appearance, and the ability to multi-task is a must for this dynamic position.
Duties include but are not limited to including:
- Developing an effective VDC/BIM strategy and integrating VDC/BIM services.
- Collaborate with our project delivery partners to define clear roles and responsibilities for all functions during the design and preconstruction phase of the project.
- Overseeing and making decisions related to BIM model information.
- Federate and manage BIM structural, architectural, and MEP/FP models and CAD drawing files.
- Managing coordination models and model-based submittals and shop drawings.
- Operate 3D and 2D modeling software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, etc.
- Resolving issues related to plans and specifications, especially as it relates to the organization, use, management, and BIM model by interacting with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other Landry/French employee/owner representatives.
- Assessing conformance to contract specifications.
- Scheduling and managing subcontractor 3D virtual and in-person trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
- Overseeing the BIM related close-out process.
- Prepare final records such as as-built models which may include connections to project data such as operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and as-built documentation.
- Produce the turnover model file with associated documents for the Owner if required for the project.
- Preparing scope of work documents for trades producing and using BIM models.
- Develop reports including reports/assessments on coordination meeting records, constraint logs, etc.
QUALIFICATONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Four-year college degree in construction engineering technology, construction management, or engineering / architectural discipline.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Should specifically be proficient with BIM based computer applications such as Navisworks Manage, Trimble SketchUp, and Autodesk Revit.
- Knowledge of general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Work effectively as an individual and as an integral part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, etc.). Knowledge of Procore a plus.
A 100% Employee-Owned Company, Landry/French offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance; company-paid life insurance; health reimbursement account; 401(K) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan; paid time off (PTO) and holidays; professional development; tuition reimbursement; on-site fitness facility; civic activities; and a fun, collaborative spirit, and workplace.
Landry/French is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.