ABOUT LANDRY/FRENCH CONSTRUCTION
Landry/French Construction is one of northern New England’s leading Construction Management Companies with a broad portfolio of projects for life sciences, commercial/corporate, housing, healthcare, financial, and education clients.
Landry/French has received numerous awards and recognition including ENR’s Top New England Contractors List in 2021 and 2020; Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2016 and 2015; and Best Places to Work in Maine for 7 consecutive years.
We’re currently seeking an entry-level field-based Safety Coordinator who will serve under the supervision of our Corporate Safety Director for project sites in Maine. We’re seeking a dynamic, driven individual who embraces challenges and welcomes continuous improvement and professional growth.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with executing our safety strategy and zero-accident culture on our projects
- Prepare written project-specific jobsite orientations
- Provide new site personnel instruction/orientation
- Monitor daily construction activities for compliance with OSHA and company rules/policies
- Create and conduct Toolbox Talks
- Participate in safety meetings and weekly jobsite progress meetings
- Assist with injury and accident reports with subsequent investigation
- Collect and review Job Hazard Analysis
- Complete jobsite safety audits
- Share safety audits and trends with Safety Director & Project Manager.
- Participate in all safety training
- Management of SDS program on site
- Assist with jobsite safety awareness and project Accident Prevention Plan
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in safety or related field.
- Experience in commercial construction environment preferred
- OSHA 30 preferred
- Education/training in Occupational Safety & Health
- CPR, First Aid, AED certified preferred
- Superior written, verbal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office/Excel applications
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Familiar with OSHA compliance for construction industry
A 100% Employee-Owned Company, Landry/French offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance; company-paid life insurance; health reimbursement account; 401(K) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan; paid vacation, sick time, and holidays (PTO); professional development; tuition reimbursement; on-site fitness facility; civic activities; and a fun, collaborative spirit and workplace.
Landry/French is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.