ABOUT LANDRY/FRENCH CONSTRUCTION
Landry/French Construction is one of northern New England’s leading Construction Management Companies with a broad portfolio of projects for life sciences, commercial/corporate, housing, healthcare, financial, and education clients.
Landry/French has received numerous awards and recognition including ENR’s Top New England Contractors List for the last three years; Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2016 and 2015; and Best Places to Work in Maine for the last 8 consecutive years.
Landry/French is actively seeking an experienced Field Engineer with a minimum of 2 years of experience in related position.
The individual will be responsible for a wide range of activities that support field operations with direct reporting to Project Superintendent and Project Manager.
Basic computer skills, can-do attitude, professional appearance, and the ability to multi-task.
Duties include but are not limited to including:
- Perform line/grade work for building layout and control as required. Partition layout and verification. Blocking coordination/layout and verification.
- Assist in the implementation of the site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with L/F safety standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Maintain documents control and distribution of the following, distributing and logging each. (Document control includes reviewing and understanding the documents):
- Request for Information (RFI)
- Contract Documents
- Architect’s Supplemental Instructions (ASI)
- A/E Reports
- Contract Close-out Documentation (i.e. close-out manual)
- Punch lists Management
- Assist in the preparation of Daily Construction Reports (DCR’s).
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in coordinating the work and tracking the progress of each trade.
- Assist Superintendent with the implementation of job site procedures, notifications, signage, supplies, and equipment.
- Review contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist Project Manager in verifying submittal conformity to specs and assisting the Superintendent with ensuring the products used are approved for use.
- Assist in the preparation of project as-builts.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of construction project schedules using Critical Path Management (CPM) techniques.
- Draft meeting agendas.
- Attend all trade meetings and prepare minutes
- Encourage the A/E and contractors to meet deadlines by courteous phone calls and confirming letters/correspondence;
- Assist in the development of punch lists and the follow-up necessary to ensure timely completion of punch list work;
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2 Years of experience
- Layout/Line/Grade via survey instruments
- Proficient in reading blueprints
- Four-year college degree with formal construction engineering technology or architectural training or equivalent building construction experience and summer internship/co-op experience in construction highly desirable.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities.
- A basic understanding of scheduling programs preferred. Knowledge of general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications also desirable. Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing. Should be proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
- Work effectively as an individual and as an integral part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.). Knowledge of Procore a plus.
A 100% Employee-Owned Company, Landry/French offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance; company-paid life insurance; health reimbursement account; 401(K) and Employee Stock Ownership Plan; paid vacation, sick time and holidays (PTO); professional development; tuition reimbursement; on-site fitness facility; civic activities; and a fun, collaborative spirit and workplace.
Landry/French is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.