Corporate Safety Director
Landry/French Construction is one of northern New England’s leading Construction Management Companies with a broad portfolio of projects for life sciences, commercial/corporate, housing, healthcare, financial, and education clients.
Landry/French has received numerous awards and recognition including ENR’s Top New England Contractors List in 2021 and 2020; Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2021, 2016 and 2015; and Best Places to Work in Maine for 6 consecutive year
We’re currently seeking a Corporate Safety Director who will serve our home office and project sites throughout Maine and the surrounding region. We’re seeking a dynamic, driven individual who embraces challenges and welcomes continuous improvement and professional growth.
The Corporate Safety Director will plan, implement, and supervise the company’s health and safety program. This position will monitor and enforce the individual Health and Safety plans of each project in conjunction with project management and onsite field staff to ensure that the following requirements are fulfilled for each project:
- Maintain Landry/French safety culture on all jobsites including trade partners.
- Maintain the Corporate Health and Safety Manual to comply with new safety standards and industry best practices.
- Proactively coordinate with project teams and subcontractors regarding upcoming scheduled work to ensure compliance and pre-task planning requirements.
- Maintain the company OSHA 300 logs and other safety recordkeeping requirements.
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and contact with field supervisory personnel.
- Provide subject matter and technical expertise for health and safety matters.
- Supervise and conduct safety and first aid training of staff at the home office, project sites, and virtually.
- Supervise field safety personnel.
- Participate in new employee onboarding and maintain safety training records.
- Provide periodic site inspections and prepare written observations and corrective action plans.
- Prepare Site Specific Health and Safety Plans for bid proposals and preconstruction submittals for newly awarded projects.
- Document all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions/activities. Manage investigations with employees, subcontractor personnel and insurance carriers for each accident occurrence or violation.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly field documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures.
- Accompany all safety, health and insurance inspectors on walk-through tours.
- Plan and organize special safety initiatives – safety week, national fall protection, etc.
- Prepare and submit applications for safety recognition awards.
- Prepare written appeals for safety violation citations.
- Additional assignments on supervisor’s request.
- Properly manage all injury/workers’ comp cases to ensure proper care is provided and all cases are closed.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Construction Safety as well as the following qualifications:
- CSP certification or four-year degree in occupational health and safety preferred.
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, local and company regulations, thorough knowledge of CFR 29.1926.
- 5-7 years of experience in the construction safety field.
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance a must.
- Experience in commercial construction environment.
- Other education/training in Occupational Safety & Health a plus.
- Superior interpersonal skills, written & verbal communication and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office/Excel applications
- Position based in our Home Office in Scarborough, ME
- Clean driving record – 60% to 80% job site travel is to be expected throughout ME, NH, and MA.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to drive, sit, and stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift and carry equipment.
- Ability to climb and safely work at heights.